We asked Ron Aube, owner of Healthy Lifestyle Enterprises in Buckhead about the micro market trend and why he thinks it is an increasingly popular benefit for employers in the return to work.
There are several benefits for employees and employers when their office has a micro market.
- Convenience and accessibility of food and drinks
- Variety of options to choose from
- Ability to purchase items at any time, rather than being limited to set break times
- Potential for healthier food options
- Increased employee satisfaction and morale
- Potential for increased productivity
- Reduced need for employees to leave the office during the workday
- Potential for cost savings on employee benefits such as snacks and drinks.
There are several studies and statistics that suggest that having a micro market in the office can have a positive impact on employees and employers.
One study found that having a micro market in the office can increase employee satisfaction and morale by providing convenient access to food and drinks, and by giving employees more control over their food options.
Another study found that having a micro market in the office can lead to increased productivity, as employees are able to purchase items at any time and do not need to leave the office during the workday to obtain food or drinks.
A survey of employers found that more than 70% of those who have implemented a micro market in the office reported increased employee satisfaction and morale, and more than 80% reported increased productivity.
Additionally, a case study found that a company that implemented a micro market in its office was able to reduce its overall employee benefit costs by more than 10%.
For more information contact Ron@HLEVending.com